I’m thrilled to announce that I am officially launching Color Grading Masterclass today! I created this course as a direct response to countless requests from my readers, who have been clamoring for a comprehensive guide for achieving cinematic looks in post-production.
This 5+ hour masterclass is unlike any other color grading course online. While many existing classes simply focus on teaching the functionality of specific color grading applications (such as DaVinci Resolve), this course is primarily creative in nature. My goal is to share my go-to methods for creating cinematic looks with all of you, in a way that is highly accessible – regardless of your skill level as a colorist or what software you prefer to work with.
My personal approach to color grading has always been to keep it simple. Many of the best looks I’ve ever created were the result of simple, purposeful color adjustments that were developed quickly and easily. I’ve always believed that overcomplicating the color process can result in unnecessary work for the colorist, and a final product that can look “over-cooked”, or obviously colored. This ideology was the inspiration behind my Masterclass.
By the end of the course, each viewer will be armed with the skills needed to create unlimited, fully customized creative looks that will take their project’s aesthetic to the next level. And in record time.
Most of the tutorials are demonstrated in DaVinci Resolve, but this course is all about harnessing the tools, techniques, and methods that will deliver stunning color results, no matter what your software of choice. For that reason, nearly everything demonstrated in the course can be applied equally in FCP X, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro, or any other editing/color grading platform for that matter!
The masterclass even features one lesson that showcases each major color tool in several editing platforms, so those of you working on multiple applications understand how to apply these creative methods to your work no matter which platform you’re using.
The course includes 12 lessons, each approximately 30 minutes in length, totaling over 5 hours of material. The lessons are divided as follows:
SET UP & PREP
- Critical Tools– The most essential color grading tools, their primary functions, and where to find them in DaVinci Resolve, FCP X, and Premiere Pro.
- Order of operations– A bulletproof workflow for RAW and compressed formats, designed to optimize footage for maximum creative potential.
- Shot matching & base grades– The first critical steps of any creative grade.
- Exposure Adjustments– Techniques for handling over/underexposed footage to deliver optimal luminance levels with minimal noise.
- Balancing Colors– Best practices for executing the primary grade, geared toward a natural/organic starting point.
- Perfecting Skin Tones– Assessing and fixing common technical issues that affect skin tones for a more flattering look.
POPULAR CREATIVE LOOKS
- Timeless Film Looks– A step by step tutorial, showcasing proper execution for several popular looks associated with classic motion picture film.
- The Big Budget Look – From sci-fi to action and everything in between, this lesson teaches core grading skills for several popular big screen looks.
- Ultra Stylized– Creative techniques for grading music videos, commercials, art films, and other projects that call for a more aggressive palette.
- Black/White Levels– Finding the right shadow/highlight balance, and achieving consistent luminance throughout long form projects.
- Grain & Film Emulation– Best practices for applying film grain and emulation in post, giving digital footage a more analog look.
- Color Uniformity– The final phase, exploring how global settings, LUTs, and other tools should be used in unison to create a cohesive aesthetic.
By the end of the course, you will be armed with the skills needed to achieve incredible color results in less time than ever. It will help you realize your vision, over-deliver for your clients, and maximize your time by having a clear path to the finish line.
Here is a sample video tutorial from Lesson #7 in the list above –
Along with the videos, each of you will also receive 3 custom Cinematic LUTs (color filters) that are yours to keep as well. These LUTs will be used as part one of the demonstrations, but are also designed for real world use so you can start applying them to your projects right away.
Pricing for the course is set at $249.
Click here to enroll in the Color Grading Masterclass today!
Please be sure to sign up for an account upon purchase so you will be immediately granted access to the course.
How To Escape The Filmmaking Rat Race | Video Editing Softwareat
[…] goes for my Color Grading Masterclass and Micro-Budget Feature Filmmaking Masterclass. I would never create or release a product that I […]
Black Friday Post Production Deals 2019at
[…] also offering 25% off his colour grading masterclass, which I also really enjoyed and have previously reviewed in detail […]
Color Grading Tutorial: Creating A Day For Night Look - Noam Krollat
[…] And for those of you looking for even more advanced color techniques, be sure to check out my Color Grading Masterclass. […]
Steve L. Perlmutterat
is source footage provided to follow along with?
I can certainly send you some if you need it! Just email email@example.com
What does your pro lessons pack look like now that you have more LUTs published?
And is it possible to download videos files for viewing when not online?
Hi Talia! I am working on updating the class, adding more LUTs, and making the videos downloadable… Will keep you posted when I do.
Hi! How are you? You have a trailer for the masterclass?
Working on it as we speak…
So I’m just checking – i have the Masterclass but it is very difficult to be on line all the time to watch them – these I can download to my ipad for travel?
Hi Art – thanks for the question. Right now, there is no way to pre-download them, but I am working on it and will keep you posted!
Is there a sample lesson available? Would love to have a little peek into it before I buy it….
I’m working on it now! Will keep you posted when it’s up.
+1 to the sample lesson. Also, to downloadable version.
Heard loud and clear. I am working on it!
I am Daniel Mouelle, I am looking for a MasterClass to learn entirely color (correction and grading …) process for my movie. I want to know how to make beautiful film look as an professional.
Great! It’s now hosted at http://www.noamkrollacademy.com